I'm Ruth and my passion is working with others to get in touch with their 'true' authentic selves, their inner voice and their sense of life purpose. My coaching (and therapeutic) practice is person-centred and collaborative. You are the expert on your own life and experience, and you have the power and agency to reach your own conclusions and decisions. My role is to walk with you and help you shape your ideas and plans through challenge, questioning and tools for action. In this way we work together to define and achieve your goals.
A Few Things that I believe in:
1. THAT LIFE IS HERE-AND-NOW AND A CURIOUS JOURNEY OF PRESENCE, LEARNING, EXPLORING AND GROWING
3. THAT LIFE CAN BE DIFFICULT AND CHALLENGING AND THIS IS A REALITY
4. THAT SUCCESS AND MEANING LOOK DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE, AND WILL BE CREATED ACCORDINGLY
5. THAT EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN 'TRUTH' WITHIN THEM WHEN IT COMES TO 'HOW TO LIVE' AND THIS CAN MOVE AND CHANGE OVER TIME
6. THE DEVELOPMENTAL POWER OF NATURE AND THE OUTDOORS - WE ARE PART OF THE GREATER ECOSYSTEM AND HAVE A NICHE TO BE LIVED.
7. THAT SOMETIMES WE JUST NEED A HELPING HAND ON OUR WAY
What I do:
I HELP PEOPLE THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT FROM THEIR LIVES AND THEIR WORK AND HOW TO GET THERE
that means more joy from life, more purpose, more meaning and more fulfilment.
I HELP YOU FIND THE SPACE TO EXPLORE YOUR IDEAS AND HOLD THAT SPACE SAFELY FOR YOU
it can be scary making sense of our lives but by providing a safe emotional space for you to explore your fears and dreams, you can trust that everything you tell me is received without judgement and in confidentiality.
I HELP PEOPLE DISCOVER THEIR IDEAS AND DREAMS IN ORDER TO BUILD A FULFILLING LIFE
through work that is empowering and designed to build your confidence, whether that's listening to each other, enjoying thoughtful silence or working through tools that you can use in your every day life to get more of what you want to be happy and find purpose and meaning. Sometimes this involves change, other times it's simply coming to terms with life as it is, and finding meaning and contentment in what you have.
I HELP YOU SHAKE OFF THE FEAR
Exploring purpose and meaning, and making changes can be scary and unsettling. But I have done it, and do it day by day. I know that you can do amazing things on your journey too. We won't eradicate natural and permissible feelings, but we'll leave behind what we don't need.